Wednesday 15 January 2014

The. New Year Project: Taking Care of Yourself


Taking care of yourself is obviously important. Somtimes you need to put yourself before others so to be happy, and because taking care of yourself gives you the ability to take care of/help your friends and family.
I never think about the kinds of things I do to take care of myself. The things I do for myself are always for another reason. However when I think about it, everything good that you do for yourself is a way to take care of yourself, a way to make yourself happier.
I think exercise is a great way to take care of yourself. It makes me feel so much healthier and physically fit and is really good for you. Moreover, scientifically speaking, exercise generally makes you feel happier because exercise releases endorphins which basically are hormones that have a happy effect on you. Not only that, but exercising also makes me feel good about myself afterwards and there is a sort of accomplishment when I know I have worked hard and improved my fitness. It's a good feeling to know you have done it for yourself.
I also like to have some "me-time" in order to take care of myself. This is where I will just relax and indulge myself, allowing me some time to be free from worry and away from the busy and stressful outside-world life. I might read a book, have a bath, pamper myself, listen to music, eat delicious treats and do other things that relax and comfort me. It's just a nice ways to take a break from responsibility and important things I have to do. I feel it's a way to release stress and de-clutter my mind. I like to do it when I am having a mind-block, can't think clearly or am finding something in paticular difficult; I always return to task at hand after with a much clearer mind and feeling more fresh and calm. 
What are some things you do to take care of yourself?
<3 Ellen xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment