Monday 19 August 2013

Giant Cupcake Fun

Hi guys!
So I made a crazy giant cupcake, and since I enjoyed baking it so much I thought I would share it with you.
To make it I used a giant silicone cupcake case from Lakeland which you can find here. It is very simple, fun and tasty!


Ingredients:
For the cake~
100g self-raising flour (sifted)
100g caster sugar
100g unsalted butter (softened) or baking margarine
2 eggs
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
For the icing and decoration~
250g icing sugar
80g unsalted butter (softened) 
2 tablespoons whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Food colouring (optional)
Sprinkles of your choice (optional)

Method 
Preheat the oven to 180 C/ 350 F / gas mark 4
Cream the butter or margarine and sugar together using either an electric mixer or a wooden spoon until light and fluffy. 
Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl along with the vanilla extract. 
To you butter and sugar mixture add a some of the egg and mix, then add a little flour and mix.
Repeat this until all the egg has been added.
Fold in the remaining flour.
Once all the flour has been thoroughly folded in, pour/ spoon the mixture in to the silicone case.
Using the end if a spoon (or something) swirl and smooth the top of the mixture so it looks neat, and place in the preheated oven.
Bake for around 35 minutes or until golden brown and leave to cool completely.
It is now time to make the icing!
Beat the icing sugar and butter together with a wooden spoon or electric mixer on a medium speed until it comes together
Then mix for just under a minute longer on a slow speed. 
Combine the milk and vanilla extract in a separate bowl 
Add it to the butter mixture a little at a time, mixing in-between.
Once the milk mixture has been fully incorporated beat the mixture for around five minutes until the icing is light and fluffy.
Mix in any food colouring required
Spoon I to a piping bag with a large star-shaped nozzle and pipe on to the cupcake in a rising swirled pattern.
Add sprinkles of all sorts and shapes. I personally went a little crazy, opting for popping candy, sugar strands, white chocolate curls and all sorts of other amazing sprinkles that I found in my trusty baking cupboard.
Your giant cupcake creation is complete. Enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this post. I have never done a recipe before so I am glad to have finally done my first one of many. I love baking, and whether you are a baking master or a baking novice, this recipe is equally as enjoyable.
<3 Ellen




 




No comments:

Post a Comment