Sunday 21 July 2013

A little (or not so little) shopping trip

Today I went shopping with my mum for some clothes for when I go on holiday and a few other bits and bobs. I probably bought more than I originally planned, but I couldn't resist...

The first thing I bought was a birthday present for my friend. I bought her a candle by Landon Tyler in the scent purple crocus. I just think it is so pretty and smells really florally and lovely. I also bought her some really cute owl earrings from river island which I love, and am very tempted to keep them for myself, but of course I won't. Then I went into Paperchase and bought her this really pretty flower notebook and a pen that has little birdcages and birds on which I think is so cute. I bought her a really cute card as well! 


I have really wanted to try a BB cream for ages as they are meant to be really good. I also thought they would be much better for my skin and a lot lighter for the summer. They have SPF as well which is always a bonus. The one thing I was worried about is how good they would be for my skin type which is oily to combination. When I went into boots, I found this one by Maybelline for £6.99- it is for oily skin and has slightly different properties to other BB creams as many are quite illuminating so are not ideal for oily skin. I am really excited to try it and I have read quite a few positive reviews on this product, I am going to review it myself in a couple of weeks once I have used it for long enough. 


From River Island I bought these gorgeous bright coral high-waisted skinny jeans in the sale for only £10 which is an amazing price and I was very pleased with this find. When I first saw them I wasn't sure if I would like them or not, but after trying them on I fell slightly head-over-heels in love!

(Sorry for such the bad quality the light is terrible)

Also from River Island I bought this beautiful aztec patterned skater skirt in pastel colours. I have had my eye on this for a while so you can't imagine my delight when saw it was on sale for only £12 reduced from £18. Brilliant! I love this skirt, I think it is so pretty and summery and girly and all the colours in it are so nice. There's mint green (my favourite colour) purples, pinks, blues and other greens and I just love it, love it, love it!!!! It is completely and utterly amazing!!!!


After going to river island I went to New Look and for a few things. The first thing I bought were these cute, simple little flip flops with "leather" and "gold metal" intertwined straps. I think these are really lovely shoes and will be so useful for the beach, in the garden and popping to the shops or round the corner in. They were £15.99 I think, so a little pricey (luckily we got 25% discount as my sister works there) for flip flops from New Look, but really pretty. 


I also got these lovely coral pink woven sandals with little gold beads. These are so pretty and good for both the day time and the evening. They are very versatile as they can be worn with pretty much anything: dresses, skirts, jeans and shorts. Furthermore, they will go with many colours, especially the colours I enjoy wearing this time if year. They are very summery and extremely comfortable. These sandals were £17.99 and I think I will get a huge amount of use out of them. 


The final thing I bought which is also from New Look is this extremely gorgeous skater dress. I absolutely love the floral and aztec pattern on it and I love the colours as they are all so pretty and compliment each other beautifully. It is bright and noticeable, however, not in an in-your-face way. This dress is such a lovely fit and a really great shape that will suit almost anyone. It can be used as a day dress or in the evening for a meal of little shindig as a smarter look too! It was £14.99 which I think is a very good price for the quality and the loveliness of this dress and I can't wait to try out different ways to wear it.


So that is everything I bought today. I love shopping in summer, along with spring it is my favourite season for trying out new looks and experimenting with gorgeous clothes and makeup. I hope you liked this post and are enjoying your summer.
<3 Ellen

 








No comments:

Post a Comment