Tuesday 2 July 2013

My June favourites

This is my first favourite's post and I am really excited. With school nearly over -yaaaay- and summer upon us (though it doesn't reflect in the weather) I am feeling pretty optimistic and happy about many a thing and decide to write a favourites post about the best of those things for last month!

The first thing I have really been loving in June is a recording artist, Jake Bugg. I absolutely love the contrast between the indie rock and country and I can't get enough of it, he is so original! I cannot get a good night sleep without having him on shuffle on my iPod. My two favourite songs are country song and trouble town. They are just so amazing. If you haven't heard much of him, please check him out he is amazing!


My next favourite is a little random and it is a quote, and it is something that has really stuck with me. Not because it has resulted in my having an epiphany, but because it is something that I have always believed is true but have never been able to word it in the correct way. To me it is similar to karma, however it is home-made karma. The idea isn't that if you do good things, then good things will happen to you, but that if you do good things and make others happy, it will make you happy knowing that you have helped someone. Random, un-expected acts of kindness. They aren't necessary but something that you want to do for them. 


My next favourite is a book called ketchup clouds written by Annabel Pitcher. I featured it in a haul post, and when I read it I absolutely loved it. It is so fabulous and builds loads of suspense. The whole thing is like this giant question that you are ravenous to find the answer too, but no matter how hard you search, still feel clueless about whether you will ever find it. I know that sounds like a complete exaggeration, but it's really not.


My final favourite is a beauty product and its the Liz Earle cleanse and polish hot cloth cleanser. I love this product, it is great for healthier, more cleansed skin and although it is gentle it is really effective. It is made from completely natural ingredients which is great for someone like me who has sensitive skin. It smells really great, feels great when you put it on and I love the packaging too! It is quite expensive but would be great to pop on a birthday wish list or to buy as a treat fit yourself. It is definitely worth it as it is an amazing product and lasts for a very long time as well.

Sorry about the giraffe and elephant, I just really like them....
 Do you have any June favourites? What are they? 

<3 Ellen





No comments:

Post a Comment