Sunday 1 December 2013

#britishbloggerselection: skin care

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, been quite busy and I needed a break. This weeks #britishbloggerselction is about skin care. Skin care is something that I try to manage well, but I end up forgetting to do it a lot of the time which can have disasterous results. However, I thought I would share with you my routine that I try to stick to.
My routine in the morning is quite simple, because I am usually in a rush to get out the door so that I am not late. I cleanse my face using the Liz Earle cleanse and polish hot cloth cleanser. This cleanser is amazing, I love it enormously, and even though it is quite pricey, it is well worth it and lasts long enough that you could just get it as a gift every now and then. It is really gentle but effective and will leave you feeling refreshed. It has loads of natural ingredients in it (rosemary, cocoa butter, chamomile etc) so it's great for sensitive skin and cleanses and exfoliates really well. My skin always feels much better when I use this. 


Then I will moisturise before applying my makeup. I have yet to find a good moisturiser for my skin type (combination/oily) because most moisturisers, even the ones for my skin type, feel to heavy on my skin which is really not good. However, I want to try the Nivea oil free moisturiser as it has some good reviews. 
At night time, I remove my eye makeup, before cleansing. Once or twice a week, I will exfoliate, using the simple spotless skin blackhead eliminating face scrub which is really effective and my skin feels much smoother and clearer when I use this.


 Twice a week, I also use the simple kind to skin deep cleansing face mask which smells amazing. It leaves my skin feeling softer and the natural clay has a purifying effect that improves my skins condition. Is face mask does wonders to my skin and allows me to have a more thourough cleanse every so often. 


I don't moisturise at night time, because I feel that I don't be need to do it more than once a day, especially because it is always so heavy on my skin. I don't benefit from it by doing it before I go to bed. 
So that is my skin care routine, I don't know if you will find it useful but hopefully you will and I hope that you enjoyed this post. 
(Sorry about the bad photo quality)
<3 Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment